The University of New Brunswick Fredericton welcomes applications for the position of Library Assistant PL5 with UNB Libraries. This is a continuing full-time (36.25 hours per week) position with the SALAC employee group. The position is funded by the University Budget with a salary range of $22.02 - $26.05 per annum.
Under the supervision of the Manager of Technical Services, this position is required to perform complex duties requiring thorough knowledge of acquisitions procedures including serials processing, placing orders, and receiving invoices. Under the cooperative direction of the Manager of Technical Services and the UNB Libraries' Copyright Officer, this position is required to assists in the provision of the Course Reserve Service to students, faculty, and staff at UNB Libraries. This position is required to consult with other library departments, university departments, vendors and publishers.
- Maintain and update serials control in library system software and Kardex, including checking in received issues, updating holdings information.
- Research catalogue and publication information required for serials control.
- Identify and provide solutions to problems arising with serials control.
- Identify and resolve discrepancies with renewals and orders.
- Maintain tracking documentation for subscriptions, memberships, orders, claims and cancellations.
- Claim missing issues with vendor/publisher.
- Liaise with librarians, staff and vendors regarding subscriptions, holdings, cancellations and refunds.
- Provide support for librarians and staff for serials orders.
- Prepare serials orders and request invoices for payment for both print and online material.
- Train and monitor coworkers to work with serials control.
- Process library and educational materials through the online and physical Course Reserve system to the UNB and STU University communities.
- Receive and organize course material lists from instructors and faculty members.
- Interpret and apply basic Canadian copyright principles.
- Liaise with UNB faculty, staff and students and provide support for efficient access to Course Reserves.
- Understand course offerings provided by CEL and UNB Online.
- Troubleshoot problems with Course Reserves.
- Manage the tracking and collecting of data related to copied material.
- Perform other duties as required.
- University degree or Library Technician diploma, preferably supplemented by 3 years' relevant experience.
- Experience with orders, invoices, and tracking financial information.
- Strong search skills, coupled with knowledge of library catalogues, databases, and licensed electronic resources.
- Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet programs, file sharing applications, Office 365, different browsers, etc.
- Able to work effectively in an online environment.
- Ability and aptitude for learning new skills and technology.
- Experience with library management system software and Canadian Copyright laws is an asset.
- Must have excellent written and spoken communication skills, be self-motivated and be able to work independently and as a team player.
- Must be able to perform work requiring attention to detail and accuracy, along with excellent keyboarding skills.
Closing date for applications is August 23, 2021 4:00PM. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The University of New Brunswick is committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.