The University of New Brunswick Saint John welcomes applications for the position of Student Response Assistant PL5 with the Office of the Registrar. This is a term ending March 25, 2022 full-time (36.25 hours per week) position with the CUPE employee group. The position is funded by the University Budget with a salary range of $20.25 - $25.92 per hour.
This position reports to the Associate Registrar and is responsible for the first line of support to enquiries from students, faculty and staff.
Note: Applications will be accepted from any qualified candidates including current employees who may wish to consider a temporary assignment.
- Respond to inquiries by phone, email and directly at the counter.
- Resolve or re-direct issues as appropriate, with regards to UNB regulations and procedures, records, admissions, student accounts and receipting.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of UNB academic regulations and procedures, UNB academic and non-credit programs, and key messages of UNB Saint John.
- Advise students and other stakeholders on University academic and financial policy and practices related to general university policy and program-specific information.
- Maintain strong positive working relationships with other UNB and UNB Saint John units.
- Assess, calculate, receive and receipt payments to UNB.
- Prepare cash floats, and perform opening and closing duties including balancing and summary for bank deposit.
- Maintain, update, and prepare for release: transcripts, enrollment confirmations, tax receipts, letters of permission, academic standing and other records-related documents and communications as appropriate.
- Maintain and update student registration, program designations and records notations as required.
- Maintain knowledge, receipt, and advise or re-direct inquiries regarding parking passes and student health insurance.
- Review daily systems reports and assess for errors and contextual resolution.
- Receive and process grade verifications and notations, update grade adjustments as required.
- Advise, assess and prepare exam deferrals, as appropriate.
- Arrange academic and non-credit course activations and offering times.
- Update academic and non-credit course curriculum details according to Senate approval.
- Assign classrooms for academic and non-credit term courses.
- Assist in annual or term Office of the Registrar projects as required, including but not restricted to, committees, orientation, exams, invigilation, graduation, and registration.
- Office of the Registrar duties as required.
- Bachelor degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Up to one year experience in a university setting with additional 3 years Customer Service experience.
- Experience with Word Suite, database, excellent reading, writing and comprehension skills.
- Confidentiality, sensitivity and professionalism are must-have qualities.
Closing date for applications is August 6, 2021 4:00PM. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The University of New Brunswick is committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.