The University of New Brunswick Saint John welcomes applications for the position of Coordinator, Customer Service & General Merchandise PL4 with the Campus Store. This is a continuing full-time (36.25 hours per week) position with the CUPE employee group. The position is funded by the University Budget with a salary range of $18.42 - $22.64 per hour.
The University of New Brunswick Saint John Campus Store is currently seeking a permanent Campus Bookstore and General Merchandise Coordinator. This position reports to Campus Store Manager and is responsible for the coordination of clothing, gifts, sundries, general merchandise, textbooks and course materials, online store development and cashier transactions.
- Ensure and maintain a high level of customer service.
- Lead and direct the cashier/customer service roles for the bookstore.
- Use POS and back-end computer inventory system on a daily basis.
- Leverage IT systems to improve operations and end-user experience.
- Coordinate availability of most clothing and general merchandise items through the bookstore website.
- Post signage/advertising materials for promotions, special events, and campus outreach.
- Responsible for the appearance and layout of the clothing and general merchandise area.
- Receive, price, and merchandise orders.
- Responsible for the inventory and asset management of clothing and general merchandise. Ensure shelves and displays are stocked, restocked, and maintained.
- Work closely with Campus Store Manager on buying decisions, product selection, and margins.
- Coordinate textbook and course material adoption and ordering.
- Work closely with Supply Chain Management to ensure appropriate sourcing agreements are in place.
- Resolve issues relating to the requisitioning, acquisition, return, and pricing of clothing and general merchandise.
- Participate in, prepare, and complete inventory counts, both cycle counts and year-end.
- Develop, maintain, monitor, and exceed the financial sales projections.
- Ensure financial viability is met through annual results which meet or surpass the budget expectation.
- Evaluate key business processes continually and implement improvements where necessary.
- Make recommendations to update bookstore policies/procedures.
- Maintain and develop good working relationships with other university departments, external customers and suppliers, and internal clients.
- Post-secondary degree or certificate.
- 3-5 years' minimum experience working in customer service role and/or retail environment.
- Business process design experience an asset. Understanding of supply chain concepts an asset.
- Substantial experience in a University/College Campus Store is a strong asset.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills. Positive attitude and ability to be collaborative team member. Adaptable to change and calm under pressure.
- Ability to co-ordinate and prioritize multiple tasks and demands. Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Able to travel, when required.
- Able to work extended hours and/or weekends when required.
- Ability to lift boxes up to 20Lb.
Closing date for applications is August 4, 2021 4:00PM. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The University of New Brunswick is committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.