The University of New Brunswick Fredericton welcomes applications for the position of Web Content Strategist with the Marketing Office. This is a full-time (36.25 hours per week), 1-year term position with the APT employee group, with the possibility of extension. The position is funded by the University Budget with a salary range of $52,564 - $68,335 per annum.
The Marketing Office is responsible for directing all corporate marketing, branding, creative and digital media strategies across the university.
*Note: This position was previously posted and closed on August 3, 2021. Previous applicants need not re-apply, all applications will be resubmitted in the competition.
- Lead website development projects with faculties, centres, and units.
- Engage with stakeholders to oversee the development of content strategies, web content, measurement and optimization plans to deliver on strategic objectives in accordance with UNB's strategic vision and university brand and web publishing standards.
- Lead, implement, and optimize innovative and data-driven institutional digital content strategies to support institutional advertising campaigns, initiatives, and strategic objectives.
- Cultivate a deep understanding of audience journeys and user needs to align content strategy with strategic objectives.
- Provide strategic guidance, training, and support to the UNB community on trends, standards and best practices in web content strategy, search engine optimization, web writing and marketing measurement.
- Provide oversight of all operational web support requests, escalating to the Digital Marketing Manager or Director of Marketing as required.
- Manage relationships with external agencies and service providers in partnership with ITS to develop web designs and technical solutions to improve the user experience of the UNB website and associated digital properties.
- Provide mentorship, feedback, and guidance to the Web Content Developer to foster professional growth and enable the effective delivery of operational web support to the university community.
- A Bachelor's degree from a recognized university, preferably in marketing, communications, business, or computer science.
- A minimum of five years of experience in digital marketing or communications, web development, project management or web operations.
- Recent and significant experience using issue tracking systems, content management systems and web analytics tools (Google Search Console, Google Analytics, etc.).
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills that include excellent writing, editing, proofreading, presenting and attention to detail are required.
- Deep understanding of digital content analytics and measurement with the ability to present findings and deliver actionable recommendations.
- A collaborative mindset, tact and diplomacy and the ability to exert influence while maintaining strong relationships.
- Knowledgeable about SEO, information architecture and usability best practices.
- Familiarity with front-end web development, especially HTML, CSS, and jQuery would be an asset.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite tools and Cascade Content Management System would be a strong asset.
- Familiarity with R, SQL, or Python, as well as Google Data Studio or Tableau would be an asset.
- Experience with advertising campaigns would be an asset.
Closing date for applications is August 18, 2021 4:00PM. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The University of New Brunswick is committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.