The University of New Brunswick Fredericton welcomes applications for the position of Secretary PL4 (Graduate Program) with the Faculty of Computer Science. This is a continuing full-time (36.25 hours per week) position with the SALAC employee group. The position is funded by the University Budget with a salary range of $20.45 - $23.75 per hour.
This position provides secretarial and administrative support to the Faculty of Computer Science, specifically for the Graduate programs.
- Assist the Director of Graduate Studies with the graduate program.
- Assist and advise faculty members on graduate student matters including Graduate School procedures and regulations.
- Maintain graduate student files, databases, and prepare the graduation lists.
- Respond to student inquiries regarding application, admission requirements, travel, accommodations, and related matters. Prepare financial offer letters to accepted graduate students. Communicate with accepted graduate applicants to determine their status and intended arrival date.
- Organize Graduate Orientation for the first week of September.
- Coordinate student space and desk allocation in conjunction with Systems Support.
- Update Graduate website.
- Prepare and submit funding forms to School of Graduate Studies for approval.
- Maintain records of Research Assistantship (GRA & RA) and Graduate Teaching Assistantship (GTA) allocations.
- Inform and assist graduate students in Graduate School procedures and regulations, registration, and applying for scholarships. Schedule funding agency (e.g., NSERC) information sessions.
- Compile list of students eligible for various awards and inform Financial Services of the winner(s).
- Prepare and submit course-offering schedule for the upcoming academic year to the Registrar's Office.
- Coordinate Faculty oral examinations and maintain official examinations records.
- Maintain the Graduate Student Handbook.
- Assist with general office duties including reception, telephone, mail, photocopying, faxing, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by the Administrative Coordinator.
- Post-secondary diploma in business administration along with five years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Must appreciate and enjoy working with students from many cultures.
- Ability to work with various Microsoft products.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Knowledge of the University environment and Colleague is an asset.
- Must be well organized, able to work under pressure, able to prioritize the workload, and have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
Closing date for applications is July 28, 2021 4:00PM. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The University of New Brunswick is committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.