The University of New Brunswick Fredericton welcomes applications for the position of Arts IT Support Officer with the Faculty of Arts. This is a continuing full-time (36.25 hours per week) position with a salary range of $48,524 - $63,081 per annum.
The Arts IT Support Officer reports to and works closely with the Arts IT Support Coordinator to provide IT Support for all Mac users, support for the language lab (French) as well as participate in providing support to Faculty of Arts members. This position supports faculty, staff, graduate students, graduate and undergraduate labs and guests in the use of UNB supported information and communication software and hardware technologies. This position, at times, also supports special projects for the department of French as well as for the Faculty of Arts in general.
- Provide support to all Mac users in the faculty, as well as to the Faculty of Arts in general.
- Conduct IT needs analysis for Faculty and Staff, provides recommendations, and implements results.
- Provide operational support, system setup, installation, configuration, and maintenance, including but not limited to hardware, operating systems, and applications.
- Guide users on equipment purchases, provides quotes and generates orders with ITS.
- Work closely with departmental representatives to ensure that non-standard support needs are addressed.
- Assist and advise in the re-design of research space to accommodate new programs of research as required.
- Maintain and update the Faculty of Arts' website in accordance with UNB's guidelines.
- Maintain, update, and support the Faculty of Arts' digital signage locations. Update the various Dean's list social media accounts as required.
- Work with ITS on Faculty of Arts' language lab management and administration. Provide training and guidance on new software initiatives, being the first point of contact for help.
- Coordinate language lab bookings and scheduling, and any special setup/software needed for classes in this lab.
- Maintain IT software and hardware inventory, maintain services metrics.
- Maintain regular communications with clients to keep them apprised of the status of their request/status.
- Provide support for the Faculty of Arts during SOAR events (lab administration and staff/student support).
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field.
- Three years' related technology experience (Mac OS). Apple Certified Support Professional Certification (ACSP) is considered an asset.
- Prior experience with web development as well as experience with Windows OS is considered an asset.
- Motivated individual able to work independently, with proven problem-solving skills. Must be able to exercise initiative to independently learn new technologies, as well as adapt easily and welcome technology changes.
- Ability to speak, read/write in French is considered an asset.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- May be required to work non-standard hours at times.
Closing date for applications is July 22, 2021 4:00PM.
This position is covered by the terms and conditions contained in the Collective Agreement negotiated between UNB and PSAC/PTSU Local 60551.
The University of New Brunswick and PSAC/PTSU Local 60551 are committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.