The University of New Brunswick Saint John welcomes applications for the position of Student Recruitment Officer with Student Recruitment. This is a 3-year term, full-time (36.25 hours per week) position with a salary range of $46,244 - $60,114 per annum.
Reporting to the Manager of Student Recruitment, the Student Recruitment Officer will work to meet prospective student inquiry, application, and enrolment targets for UNB by developing close working relationships with key stakeholders in their sales territory. Work closely with other members of the student recruitment team, the admissions offices, and faculties on both the Fredericton and Saint John campuses.
Note: This position was previously advertised and closed July 23, 2021. Previous applicants need not re-apply. All applications will be resubmitted in the competition.
- Help prospective student lead and application generation through various events.
- Attend post-secondary school fairs. Plan and conduct presentations on UNB to high school students and other key influencers.
- Help plan innovative recruitment events such as Admissions on the Spot, scholarship receptions, campus tours, etc.
- Build relationships with potential undergraduate students through school visits, individual meetings, calls, emails, and presentations.
- Assist Recruitment Officers/other territories as needed under the direction of the Student Recruitment Manager.
- Develop and implement UNB recruitment strategy for specific target market. Develop application and prospective student inquiry targets in specific target market.
- Develop excellent relationships with high school guidance counsellors, administrators, teachers, parents, alumni, and other key influencers in specified territory.
- Research other universities and maintain an understanding of competition in the marketplace.
- Assist with other events/activities as directed by the Student Recruitment Manager.
- University degree, preference will be given to recent UNB degree holders.
- Previous sales or relationship building experience.
- Self-motivated and dependable with exceptional people skills, excellent communication skills (speaking and writing), dynamic presentation skills and be committed to providing high levels of customer service.
- Creativity and marketing sense.
- Ability to meet sales targets.
- Excellent time management skills. Ability to act on decisions quickly and meet tight and time-sensitive deadlines.
- Ability to plan and work independently and as part of a team.
- Good existing knowledge of UNB and its program offerings is considered an asset.
- Possess self-confidence, positive outlook, and a high level of integrity.
- Ability to travel.
Closing date for applications is August 30, 2021 4:00PM.
This position is covered by the terms and conditions contained in the Collective Agreement negotiated between UNB and PSAC/PTSU Local 60551.
The University of New Brunswick and PSAC/PTSU Local 60551 are committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.