The University of New Brunswick Saint John welcomes applications for the position of Admission Advisor PL5 with the Office of the Registrar. This is a continuing full-time (36.25 hours per week) position with the CUPE employee group. The position is funded by the University Budget with a salary range of $20.25 - $25.92 per hour.
This position advises and assesses both International and Domestic students for the Office of the Registrar at UNB Saint John.
- Advise students on the completion of applications, admissions requirements, transfer credit assessments, graduation and academic.
- Assess student standing and admissions based on existing policy and practice.
- Assess and understand academic credentials for applicants. This requires understanding for various countries and provinces.
- Main point of support for admissions process for applicants from specific countries and provinces or for specific academic programs as assigned.
- Advise Associate Registrar on the development and maintenance of all admissions policies, processes and practices.
- Deliver operation support on student-centric, faculty-centric and consolidated operations.
- Provision status letters and other official correspondence with students including the acceptance package.
- Responsible for one-on-one communication and inquiries from students.
- Maintain good communications with external stakeholders such as Guidance Counselors, School Officials, Immigration Officers, Agents and other governments agencies.
- Accurate entry and adjustment of student information and status in Colleague.
- Develop and monitor tracking systems used for special initiatives.
- Data analysis, troubleshooting and validation.
- Resolve level 1 and 2 support requests and assist with resolution of level 3 support requests.
- Develop knowledge of UNB Saint John practices and industry best practices related to the academic environment and student experience.
- Management of time for successful completion of regular tasks and a quick turnover in response to student inquiries.
- General office duties and other related duties as required.
- Undergraduate degree along with at least 1 year of related experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Friendly and enthusiastic attitude. Dedication to outstanding client service and enduring client relationships.
- Ability to travel locally, domestically, and internationally on a limited basis.
- Flexible working hours for special projects and during peak admission periods (may include evenings and weekends).
Closing date for applications is July 21, 2021 4:00PM. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The University of New Brunswick is committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.