The University of New Brunswick Fredericton welcomes applications for the position of Security Operations Supervisor with Capital Planning & Operations. This is a continuing full-time (40 hours per week) position with the APT employee group. The position is funded by the University Budget with a salary range of $54,784 - $71,222 per annum.
The Security Operations Supervisor is accountable to the Director of Security & Traffic for the efficient and effective daily operations of the Security and Traffic Department. The main responsibilities for the incumbent of this position are to direct, control and monitor the daily operations of Security & Traffic.
- Ensure new personnel receive proper on-the-job training and proper familiarization with all buildings on campus.
- Provide the Director with accurate up-to-date information on performance of employees.
- Provide a monthly and weekly duty schedule for all activities in Security. Make necessary adjustments to scheduling to accommodate unforeseen circumstances and holidays.
- Supervise the general security office. Supervise clerical staff, read, and file patrol reports, take corrective action, and bring any unusual and pertinent incidents to the attention of the Director.
- Investigate complaints and incidents on campus. Assist the Director of Security in the investigation of major occurrences.
- Monitor investigations relative to Security & Traffic that have taken place on campus.
- Responsible for the control of lost and found items. Ensure found items are recorded, stored, and later disposed of in accordance with University Policy.
- Maintain an inventory and record of equipment. Prepare and issue annual uniform order.
- Responsible for University keys as maintained by the Security Department. Monitor the sign-in and sign-out of university keys. Order replacement keys as needed.
- Read alarm printouts, monitor alarm operations, and liaise with appropriate Capital Planning and Operations personnel and alarm company representatives to ensure the master alarm panel and various alarm systems throughout campus are operating as designed.
- Ensure that CCTV security systems are functioning as designed and that records are being properly maintained.
- Plan and implement response for special security/traffic-related requirements for major events on campus.
- Will assume all the duties and responsibilities of the Director of Security & Traffic in his or her absence.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Minimum of five years' supervisory experience directly related to the responsibilities of the job.
- High school graduation or equivalent combination of education plus work experience.
- Integrity, dependability, tack, and diplomacy are essential.
- Must have a good knowledge of the Criminal Code and pertinent Provincial Statute legislation affecting security services.
- Must have demonstrated ability to deal effectively with a variety of people. Good interpersonal skills are a must.
- Must possess good administrative and organizational skills.
- Must have a good knowledge of security services duties and be able to mentor and train security employees as well as inform the University Community at large in crime prevention principles.
- Training in a Security or Public Safety related field is desirable
Closing date for applications is July 15, 2021 4:00PM. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The University of New Brunswick is committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.