The University of New Brunswick Fredericton/ welcomes applications for the position of Sustainability Education & Engagement Officer with Capital Planning & Operations. This is a term ending June 28, 2026, full-time (36.25 hours per week) position with a salary range of $36,523 - $45,655 per annum.
Under the direction of the Sustainability Coordinator and the Director of Energy and Sustainability, the Sustainability Engagement and Education Officer is accountable to the university community in advancing UNB as a leader in sustainability. This position will facilitate, encourage, and support approaches related to improved engagement and education of the campus community in Sustainability at the University of New Brunswick.
- Design, plan, and execute events (e.g., speaker's series, outreach, and webinars) to increase the reach of UNB Sustainability.
- Communicate directly with stakeholders/community members/partners and coordinate their engagement with events and programs lead by UNB Sustainability.
- Develop and create online sustainability training modules in collaboration with the Sustainability Education Working Group.
- Produce documents and promotional material of a professional standard that comply with branding policy.
- Develop documents suitable for external communication to a variety of target audiences.
- Maintain websites and utilize social media to develop opportunities for engagement and promotion.
- Develop, maintain and report on sustainability engagement programing (e.g. Sustainability Month, Orientation, Residence Energy Challenge, and WWF Living Planet at Campus).
- Mentorship and coordination of interns and volunteers.
- A bachelor's degree required, preferably in Environmental Management and/or of climate change. Master's degree would be considered an asset.
- Project management experience.
- Ability to use independent judgment required to plan, prioritize, and organize a diversified workload.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating and facilitating youth programs, events, and activities within a community setting.
- Exceptional ability to engage and communicate to groups of people, tailoring communication to suit a specific target group.
Closing date for applications is July 12, 2021 4:00PM.
This position is covered by the terms and conditions contained in the Collective Agreement negotiated between UNB and PSAC/PTSU Local 60551.
The University of New Brunswick and PSAC/PTSU Local 60551 are committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.