The University of New Brunswick Fredericton welcomes applications for the position of Pandemic Support Coordinator with the Office of the Assistant Vice-President Academic (Partnerships). This is a 10-month term, full-time (36.25 hours per week) position with a salary range of $22.89 - $28.61per hour.
The Pandemic Support Coordinator reports directly to the Assistant Vice-President Academic (Partnerships) who is also the COVID Self-Isolation Team lead and will have responsibilities related to three major areas of pandemic-response work: support the self-isolation team, liaise with COVID-affected students, and support the University's response to any COVID outbreaks.
- Develop a strong understanding of the self-isolation team processes, as well as current government/Public Health requirements relating to arriving in New Brunswick and self-isolation. Remain up-to-date on these requirements daily.
- Support members of the team in implementing government requirements.
- Record keeping for students in self-isolation. Work directly with students as they prepare travel and self-isolation plans.
- Collaborate to establish and operate self-isolation programs on campus and in the community.
- Meet students as they arrive and escort them to their self-isolation rooms.
- Organize the delivery of meals, packages and mail to students' rooms in self-isolation on campus.
- Coordinate UNB volunteers to support students during their isolation (food, package, and mail delivery, etc.).
- Support the University's program of making daily check-in calls and support the arrangement/implementation of on-site testing for students in self-isolation. Help organize and implement other supports for students in self-isolation.
- Liaise with students regarding Covid accommodations for academic courses.
- Work directly with students who cannot attend courses in-person due to reasons impacted by the pandemic.
- Liaise with the University community and related Faculties/departments related to all Covid accommodations.
- Answer questions from students, staff and faculty on this Covid accommodation program.
- Learn the University's Outbreak Plan and support its review and revision.
- Support University officials if an individual case of COVID is identified in the UNB community or an outbreak is declared.
- Coordinate with UNB Communications in the case of an outbreak or confirmed case. Liaise with Public Health authorities, campus community and the general public in such situations.
- Be an on-the-ground support to the University's response. Other tasks, as needed.
- University degree and/or relevant experience or a combination of the two.
- 1-3 years' experience working in a post-secondary setting.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to collaborate and work effectively with people from units across a large institution and at all levels of that institution.
- Experience working with students, especially international students, in situations that are potentially stressful for those students.
- Working knowledge of Office 365 and other forms of software.
- A commitment to privacy and confidentiality.
Closing date for applications is July 6, 2021 4:00PM. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The University of New Brunswick is committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.