The University of New Brunswick Fredericton welcomes applications for the position of Program Assistant with the Faculty of Kinesiology. This is a term ending September 1, 2023, full-time (36.25 hours per week) position with a salary range of $34,585 - $43,235 per annum.
UNB Recreation Services' (UREC) is dedicated to delivering high calibre programs and services rooted in recreation and guided by wellness, increasing the quality of life of all our patrons through engaging recreational opportunities that stimulate the body, mind and spirit, and advocating a healthy and active lifestyle that is accessible and attainable regardless of age or ability.
Recreation Services is searching for a qualified leader to assist in the daily operations of all Group Fitness and Fee-Based programs.
*Note: This position was previously advertised and closed on June 21, 2021. Previous applicants need not re-apply. All applications will be re-submitted in the competition.
- Afternoon and evening supervision duties of all URec group fitness and fee-based programs and provide general assistance (address questions/concerns/troubleshoot equipment challenges and arrangement of equipment) for instructors and members.
- Evening coverage for classes when possible and/or assist in finding replacement instructors.
- Assist in recruiting, hiring, training, and evaluating instructors.
- Assist in mentoring and training group fitness leaders in a variety of disciplines including indoor cycling, portable equipment, choreography and aquatic fitness.
- Assist in administrative duties including facility bookings, scheduling, software entries, term reports, class attendance lists, promotions, and equipment inventories including quality control, maintenance and procurement.
- Assist in leading both group fitness and fee-based classes when applicable.
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager of Fitness & Wellness.
- Undergraduate studies in Kinesiology or related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience in a recreation setting.
- Current Group Fitness Leader certificate(s).
- Experience teaching a variety of fitness classes in a group setting.
- Valid First Aid and CPR certifications.
- Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Proficiency in Innosoft Fusion and other software programs.
- Experience working at UNB Recreation Services is considered an asset.
- Additional certifications in yoga, Pilates, and/or other fitness modalities are considered an asset.
Closing date for applications is August 11, 2021 4:00PM.
This position is covered by the terms and conditions contained in the Collective Agreement negotiated between UNB and PSAC/PTSU Local 60551.
The University of New Brunswick and PSAC/PTSU Local 60551 are committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.