The University of New Brunswick Fredericton welcomes applications for the position of Executive Assistant of the Dean with the Faculty of Nursing. This is a continuing full-time (36.25 hours per week) position with the APT employee group. The position is funded by the University Budget. The salary range is currently under review.
This position is accountable to the Dean of Nursing.
*Note: This position was previously advertised and closed on June 17, 2021. Previous applicants need not re-apply. All applications will be re-submitted in the competition.
- Responsible for providing support to the Dean and the operations and functions of the Dean's office, this can be of a sensitive, complex, and confidential nature.
- Actively participate as a member of the Faculty of Nursing Leadership Team; propose initiatives to improve efficiencies, initiate and implement policy development and changes within the day-to-day operations of the faculty.
- Responsible for the management of the faculty's administrative offices; assist with determining work priorities and providing direct supervision.
- Implement and assist with confidential matters for all aspects of the faculty including student complaints, faculty concerns and staff issues.
- Assist and provide information to the Dean and Financial Coordinator with respect to budgetary reports for submission to the provincial government, UNB administration and monitors deadlines.
- Initiate faculty assessment process, organize the meetings, distribute letters, ensure assessment binders are current and up to date.
- Responsible for Contract Academic Instructors (CAIs) opportunities of the faculty such as prepare and submit the job postings using the online system.
- Responsible for all Human Resources-related tasks, issues, and questions.
- Maintain the Dean's schedule/calendar; prepare for meetings, preparing various high-level reports. Respond to general inquiries via email, social media, and telephone, and refer specific requests to the Dean.
- Maintain faculty members & support staff files and official files by ensuring they are current and complete.
- Work with the Dean/faculty to create alliances with health-related institutions/agencies/NBCC across the province for infrastructure and human resources to build a sustainable, interprofessional approach to nursing education.
- Responsible for Nursing Accreditation process (nationally & provincially) and interim reports.
- Post-secondary education in business, secretarial, or office administration. A University Degree would be an asset.
- Minimum of 5 years' related experience. Previous supervisory experience is considered a strong asset.
- Ability to work independently with a high level of attention to detail, as well as work within a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks; demonstrate initiative, organization, and time management skills.
- Self-motivated and strategic thinker.
- Experience/skill in administering web-based application and proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access), and technical support would be an asset (video conferencing equipment).
- Excellent written/oral communication skills, as well as time management skills and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize complex and varied workload, delegate and meet deadlines.
Closing date for applications is July 12, 2021 4:00PM.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The University of New Brunswick is committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.