The University of New Brunswick Fredericton welcomes applications for the position of Secretary PL4 with the Faculty of Computer Science. This is a 3-year term, full-time (36.25 hours per week) position with the SALAC employee group. The position is funded by the University Budget with a salary range of $20.45 - $23.75 per hour.
The Secretary PL4 provides secretarial and administrative support to the Faculty of Computer Science working specifically with the Undergraduate and Graduate programs.
- Process TA applications for both Undergrad and Grad positions.
- Assist/advise faculty members on matters pertaining to graduate students, including Graduate School procedures and regulations.
- Maintain graduate student files and databases. Prepare the graduation list.
- Prepare staff change forms for TAs and student work terms.
- Order textbook copies for instructors and TAs. Distribute textbooks to the TA markers.
- Work with faculty members and the Bookstore to ensure that all course textbooks are ordered.
- Update academic history worksheets, assess transfer credits, grad audits, etc.
- Respond to student inquiries regarding applications, admission requirements, travel, accommodations and related matters.
- Prepare financial offer letters to accepted graduate students. Communication with accepted graduate applicants to determine their status and intended arrival date.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date files on Co-op/PEP students and eligible CS students interested in the Co-op/PEP program.
- Assist in organizing Co-op/PEP Orientation sessions, prepare the Co-op/PEP handbooks, provide up-to-date printed materials and liaise with other UNB Co-op/PEP programs regarding Orientation.
- Enter job postings into the Co-op/PEP database, process student job applications and maintain employer records for current and prospective employers.
- Arrange and setup interviews for Co-op students and employers.
- Contact and notify students of meetings and deadlines.
- Support reception duties for the General Office.
- Other duties and responsibilities assigned by the Faculty Admin Officer.
- A diploma or degree in Office Administration and 3-5 years' experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively in a busy office with unavoidable interruptions
- Must be well organized, able to work under pressure, able to prioritize the work load, and have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Knowledge of the University environment and Colleague would be an asset.
- Ability to work with various Microsoft products, such as Office 365.
- Knowledge of modern office software, in a windows environment.
- Comfort level with learning and using new software packages, including PowerPoint, graphics packages, Photoshop, and desktop publishing.
Closing date for applications is April 20, 2021 4:30PM. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The University of New Brunswick is committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.