The University of New Brunswick Saint John welcomes applications for the position of Safety & Security Operations Supervisor with Environmental Health & Safety & Security. This is a continuing, full-time (36.25 hours per week) position with the APT employee group. The position is funded by the University Budget with a salary range of $47,167 - $61,316 per annum.
The Safety & Security Operations Supervisor is accountable to the Director of Environmental Health, Safety and Security (EHS&S) for the efficient and effective daily operations of the EHS&S Department. The Safety & Security Operations Supervisor will assist the Director to ensure compliance to all applicable legislation, policies, procedures and best practices as they relate to safety and security and in the promotion of a safe and secure campus.
- Responsible for the supervision and training of all security and campus patrol personnel.
- Provide the Director with accurate, up-to-date performance information on all department employees.
- Administer and maintain all access control systems whether card or key access.
- Investigate complaints, accidents and incidents on campus and assist the EHS&S Director and/or Joint Occupational Health & Safety Committee in the investigation of occurrences.
- Oversee all shift schedules to provide optimum security coverage with available resources.
- Supervise the collection of all funds related to parking revenues.
- Participate in the Joint Occupational Health & Safety Committee meetings and related activities.
- Liaise with Security Services Contractor to monitor and audit the services being provided.
- Assist in the management of contractors on-site as their work relates to EHS&S.
- Assist in the administration of the Scientific Diving Program.
- Responsible for the operation of EHS&S Department stores.
- Responsible to ensure compliance to the Protection of Personal Information Act, applicable legislation and university policy as they relate to closed circuit television and digital camera security systems.
- Participate and provide leadership as a member of the Crisis Response Team.
- Assume the duties and responsibilities of the EHS&S Director in his/her absence.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Post-secondary degree supplemented by relevant training and experience in Safety/Security matters or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Certification in Health and Safety desirable and familiarity with Safety/Security in an academic setting would be an asset.
- Good organizational, administrative, supervisory and management skills.
- Must be able to deal with a broad range of individuals/groups within and outside the University sometimes under stressful conditions.
- Good knowledge of applicable Federal and Provincial statutes relative to both Safety and Security matters.
- Demonstrate ability to manage emergency situations.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communications skills
- Ability to effectively use computer software applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Closing date for applications is April 26, 2021 4:30PM. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The University of New Brunswick is committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.