The University of New Brunswick Fredericton welcomes applications for the position of Co-op Coordinator with the Faculty of Engineering. This is a one year term, full-time (36.25 hours per week) position with a salary range of $43,145 - $53,936 per annum.
This position coordinates the Engineering and Science Co-op Program on the Fredericton campus as well as the Engineering Co-op Program for the students on the Saint John campus. The Co-op Coordinator will work closely with the Faculties of Engineering and Science on the Fredericton Campus, the Department of Engineering in the Faculty of Science, Applied Science and Engineering on the Saint John campus, as well as other internal UNB departments.
- Attract students to the Co-op program and maintain engagement throughout their degrees by offering ongoing training.
- Provide one-on-one consulting for students to understand and deliver on their expectations, offer reviews on their application packages for job competitions, and provide continuous support for a smooth transition into their full-time career.
- Facilitate presentations to students as part of job readiness training. Implement innovative ways to develop and grow student-related work experience outcomes.
- Establish new employer relationships. Promote the Engineering and Science Co-op Program and provide information regarding the benefits and process of hiring students from UNB.
- Develop and maintain existing employer relationships to create new positions and increase the number of work terms by creating exclusive or first-choice relationships with UNB.
- Organize and track all work term-related materials including, but not limited to: offer letters, employment contracts, FutureNB Co-op applications, work permit letters, employer and student evaluations, MIT logbooks and reports.
- Coordinate and release all job applications on due dates, as required. Schedule interviews for successful applicants.
- Explore funding options and incentive programs outside of regular employee/employer framework to allow students to work for NGOs, Health Authorities, etc. that do not have a means for funding.
- Facilitate networking opportunities for students by organizing and hosting company information sessions.
- Undergraduate degree in a related discipline. An Engineering or Science degree is strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years' related work experience. International work experience is an asset.
- Experience in working with students in a post-secondary cooperative or experiential education setting is an asset.
- Must be a self-starter, have excellent organizational skills, be able to multi-task and exhibit excellent problem-solving skills.
- Flexible work hours, able to work independently and as part of a team.
- High level of professionalism with superb communication and interpersonal skills.
- Exposure to Experiential Learning Management Platforms (Orbis and Desire2Learn) is an asset.
- Must be highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
Closing date for applications is April 16, 2021 4:30PM.
This position is covered by the terms and conditions contained in the Collective Agreement negotiated between UNB and PSAC/PTSU Local 60551.
The University of New Brunswick and PSAC/PTSU Local 60551 are committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.