The University of New Brunswick Fredericton welcomes applications for the position of Men's Basketball Coach with the Faculty of Kinesiology. This is a two-year term, full-time (40 hours per week) position with the APT employee group. The position is funded by the University Budget with a salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Reporting to the Director of Athletics, the Men's Basketball Coach is responsible for providing all coaching duties consistent with the operation of a successful inter-university sport program.
- Manage the varsity men's basketball program including student athletes, trainers, managers, and assistant coaches.
- Prepare daily and weekly practices and competition strategies.
- Advise student athletes as well as monitor athletic performance: arrange individual athlete meetings to analyze performance as well as to set and help achieve goals.
- Prepare and monitor off-season training programs.
- Prepare and manage team budget.
- Develop and execute a recruitment strategy.
- Serve as Head Coach of the UNB Basketball Summer Sport Camps.
- Prepare a year-end report of the varsity men's basketball program and establish new goals for the new season.
- Attend monthly Department Athletic meetings and seminars for professional development.
- Attend AUS league meetings to ensure compliance with league regulations and policies.
- Organize and coordinate 2-3 youth basketball fundraising initiatives each year.
- Organize and coordinate all exhibition competition each year.
- Other duties as assigned by the Dean of the Faculty of Kinesiology and the Director of Athletics.
- Undergraduate degree with a minimum of five years' experience in coaching basketball and administering elite level athletes and programs.
- Basketball Canada "Train to Compete" certified (NCCP Competition Development), as well as commitment to meet the UNB REDS Safe Sport and Responsible Coaching Movement requirements.
- The ability to work within the university environment and with the public at large is essential.
- Must have superior organizational skills, an ability to recruit throughout Canada and Internationally, a desire to build alumni support and a commitment to the total development of the student athlete.
- Experience playing and/or being involved within a high performance environment is considered an asset.
Closing date for applications is April 14, 2021 4:30PM. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The University of New Brunswick is committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.