The University of New Brunswick Saint John welcomes applications for the position of Project Administrator with Student Services. This is a full-time (36.25 hours per week), term ending April 1, 2022 position with a salary range of $42,506 - $53,132 per annum.
The Project Administrator supports the work of the Director through various executive projects, provides assistance and support to service programs, supports the campus COVID administration needs, oversees special projects and represents the unit on policy review or service-related committees as assigned. Their primary function is to projects and activities associated with the Office of the Director.
- Organize, plan and manage special projects and activities related to student services.
- Annual reports: year-to-year data comparisons, achievements and successes, etc.
- Prepare quarterly financial and activity reports to PETL for provincially-funded positions for the Director.
- Research and prepare initial documentation for the Director.
- Gather information (campus or university level) as needed.
- Support to campus health initiatives, as directed.
- Administrative support to the Director as assigned.
- Maintain positive relations with student-led organizations (Student Representative Council, The Baron, CFMH Radio, Campus Ministry, Golden Key Society), as needed.
- Oversee administrative contracts and maintain positive relations with external service partners, on behalf of/in consultation with the Director.
- Department representative on campus committees, reviewing documents, policies and programs, as assigned. Brief Director on committee activity.
- Support department compliance with collective agreements.
- Department representative on hiring committees.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 years' experience.
- Exceptional administrative skills, and proven project management, working with students (or young adults) is a strong asset.
- Must be able to vet issues for the Director, research well, have strong administrative capabilities, and run an office efficiently.
- Basic familiarity with Microsoft SharePoint software
- Excellent time-management, multi-tasking, communication, and prioritization skills.
- Ability to think abstractly
Closing date for applications is January 15, 2021 4:30PM.
This position is covered by the terms and conditions contained in the Collective Agreement negotiated between UNB and PSAC/PTSU Local 60551.
The University of New Brunswick and PSAC/PTSU Local 60551 are committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.