The University of New Brunswick Fredericton welcomes applications for the position of Clerk PL4 (Client Service Representative) with the Registrar's Office. This is a continuing full-time (36.25 hours per week) position with the SALAC employee group. The position is funded by the University Budget with a salary range of $20.45 - $23.75 per hour.
This position reports to the Associate Registrar (Records & Registration Services) as part of a team of Client Service Representatives directly responsible for the information and service aspect of the Registrar's Office. This is a main service counter position within the Registrar's Office. This position is responsible to perform duties related to records and registration services for our students in accordance with university policy and regulations.
- Provide service by email, telephone and in person at our main student service center; provides accurate data input and information to assist students in the use of the on-line registration system.
- Provide support to transcript services and updates on student records. Troubleshoot any student account issues.
- Process government documentation (CPP Declaration, Disability Benefits, E.I., exchange programs etc.)
- Liaise with academic faculty personnel to verify student data, as required.
- Produce Confirmation of Enrolment letters, Educational Trust Fund verifications, Graduation Confirmation letters, and any Special letter requests.
- Process Employment hire checks by organizations and letters of permission/Off Campus Study requests.
- Process application and confirmation fees, balance daily float and make bank deposits, as necessary.
- Assist with diploma replacements, certified true copies of diplomas and the coordination of pickups.
- Process both incoming and outgoing mail and courier requests, as needed.
- Provide administrative back up for service areas within the Records and Registration Unit and in our Systems Unit during peak times.AS well as assist on special projects from time to time and perform other related duties, as required.
- University Degree with a minimum of 3 years relevant work experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated experience with processes in a customer service working environment.
- Experience working with the public in a team environment and demonstrated abilities as a team player
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated time management skills with the ability to effectively prioritize, multi-task and organize work.
- Experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook). Data entry/keyboarding, Internet literacy with use of a variety of Web Browsers. Experience with an enterprise computing system such as Colleague (Datatel) preferred. Adobe Acrobat, Entrinsik Informer, and Footprints skills also preferable.
Closing date for applications is November 30, 2020 4:30PM. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The University of New Brunswick is committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.