The University of New Brunswick Fredericton welcomes applications for the position of Instructional Technology Specialist with the College of Extended Learning. This is a 3-year term, full-time (36.25 hours per week) position with a salary range of $46.221 - $60,093 per annum.
The UNB College of Extended Learning is the primary lifelong learning outreach vehicle for the University and carries critical community-building and revenue-generation functions. The Instructional Technology Specialist is the primary point of contact with users for day-to-day IT activities and acts as a centralized resource to provide technology consulting, installation, support, and maintenance.
- Share administrator oversight and responsibility for both the LMS and various web-conferencing services, working in partnership with other UNB departments to maintain, manage, configure and support each system.
- Help develop policies and configure systems to meet the shared needs of both CEL and UNB.
- Provide staff, students and instructors with hands-on training and technical support in the use of each system.
- Create clear and effective training materials to support each service.
- Provide the content of textual and graphical updates to the web support team to maintain UNB's official support pages for each service.
- Manage CEL ticketing systems. Escalate complex issues to the appropriate parties.
- Provide technical and troubleshooting assistance related to computer hardware and software, mobile devices, printers, and other tech tools and products.
- Run and monitor software performance testes and execute functional tests.
- Provide IT systems orientation to new staff members.
- Undergraduate degree or college diploma in a relevant field.
- Equivalent mix of education and experience will be considered.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in an IT support role proving support for end-users in a fast-paced, business environment.
- Experience troubleshooting Windows, MacIntosh and Linux operating systems.
- Experience working with learning management systems or equivalent experience.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to and learn new technologies independently.
- Must be able to work with an adjusted work schedule, occasional overtime, or participate in after-hour service calls.
Closing date for applications is December 8, 2020 4:30PM.
This position is covered by the terms and conditions contained in the Collective Agreement negotiated between UNB and PSAC/PTSU Local 60551.
The University of New Brunswick and PSAC/PTSU Local 60551 are committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.