The University of New Brunswick Fredericton welcomes applications for the position of Equipment Operator with Facilities Management. This is a continuing full-time (40 hours per week) position with the GLTA employee group. The position is funded by the University Budget with a salary of $21.76 per hour.
This is skilled work in the operation of a variety of heavy and light equipment vehicles employed in Buildings and Grounds maintenance.
- Operate heavy & light equipment, such as: front-end loaders, backhoes, three-ton trucks, one-ton trucks, half-ton trucks, tractors and Trackless MT's along with all associated attachments.
- Operate heavy equipment safely on varied terrain, situations and weather.
- Work in or out of doors under varying conditions, at heights or in confined spaces.
- Attach and remove accessories for vehicles. Perform driver maintenance tasks, such as: conduct pre-operational checks, clean, lubricate and refill the equipment as necessary.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation, care and preservation of assigned tools/equipment and the performance of minor maintenance repairs.
- Operate vehicles delivering a variety of materials to various buildings on Campus.
- Plow and remove snow from streets, walks, parking lots and other areas as directed. Salt and sand as required.
- Mow and rake lawns, sweep streets and sidewalks, prune trees and shrubs and other general grounds maintenance duties.
- Load trucks with loader, backhoe or tractor. Excavate with a mechanical shovel or backhoe.
- Responsible for the application of safety precautions as may be required to ensure minimum hazard to self and others.
- Deliver and set up furniture.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- High School diploma, or equivalent.
- Must possess a current, valid class 5 driver's license with air brake endorsement.
- 3 years or more diversified experience in operating equipment. Applicants may be tested on their ability to operate equipment.
- Must have the physical capacity to carry out the functions of the position, including the ability to lift heavy objects, work from ladders, at heights, or in cramped quarters.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime as required. A telephone is necessary for call-outs in the event of inclement weather and emergencies.
Closing date for applications is November 23, 2020 4:30PM. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The University of New Brunswick is committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.