The University of New Brunswick Fredericton welcomes applications for the position of Operations Coordinator with the Faculty of Forestry and Environmental Management: Canadian Rivers Institute (CRI). This is a 2-year, full-time (36.25 hours per week) term position with the PTSU employee group. The position is funded by the external monies with a salary range of $38,152 - $47,691 per annum.
The CRI requires services of an Operations Coordinator that will oversee the coordination of its committees and various agreements with service providers, funders, and Science Fellows, as well as annual events, activities, social media responsibilities, and the day to day operations of the Institute.
- Oversee the scheduling, organizing, and recording, of various committees.
- Develop work plans/budgets/policies.
- Participate in meetings with various committees and boards. Prepare meeting agenda and all documents. Record minutes for all meetings from active participation or audio recordings.
- Develop partnership, service provider, and Science Fellow agreements.
- Ensure the appropriate service provider addresses requests from membership and external stakeholders.
- Gather information required for the development of reports to the CRI Executive and funding agencies.
- Oversee the coordination of annual CRI events/activities. Coordinate the communications and marketing of the events/activities.
- Day to day operations and management of the CRI Corporate Division.
- Respond to general inquiries via email, social media and telephone. Oversee the filing of CRI personnel files.
- Maintain a social media presence on multiple platforms including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter,
- Oversee the upkeep of the contact management databases.
- Secure financial tasks such as purchase orders, and invoicing.
- Update and maintain the CRI Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) manual including the management of all pass-codes for various IT tools and accounts.
- Manage the sales of the CRI merchandise.
- Assist with preparation and submission of funding proposals and associated reports.
- Coordinate hiring processes, ensure the training and supervision of staff including co-op students and internships.
- Oversee and manage CRI's office and merchandise inventory.
- Communicate with Fellows to get pictures and contact information, uploading pictures to the website, making modest changes to design, and updating schedules for annual events.
- Post-Secondary education in administration, organizational management, governance management, project management with 3 years of experience managing and overseeing multiple boards and/or committees, database management and/or contracts/MoUs and partnership agreements.
- Experience with MS Office 365 Suite, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter.
- Experience with Canva, MailChimp, Webpage Content Management Systems (e.g. SquareSpace) is an asset.
- Experience in managing research institutes or departments of academic institutions is an asset.
- Background experience or interest in aquatic sciences would be a benefit, but not required.
- Academic experience in natural sciences (e.g. environmental science/biology,) and engineering would be an asset.
Closing date for applications is July 7, 2020 4:00 PM. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The University of New Brunswick is committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.