The University of New Brunswick Fredericton welcomes applications for the position of Client Service Coordinator with Conference Services. This is a 3-year term full-time (36.25 hours per week) position with the PTSU employee group. The position is funded by the University Budget with a salary range of $36,282 - $45,350 per annum.
The incumbent provides support for a wide range of technical, computer, audiovisual and conference support services for clients and works as a front-line service provider to conference organizers and delegates for all of their on-site needs.
- Provide support to the overall management of a professional full-service 22,000 square foot conference facility with an entrepreneurial and technical focus of serving internal and external clients.
- Requires the ability to work confidently and professionally at high profile events under pressure responding to the client's needs at a moment's notice.
- Cover front desk duties for the Wu Centre clients including directing clients to their respective rooms.
- Assist clients with all on-site meeting and event technical assistance including AV requirements for computer projection, internet connection and video conferencing.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve at the Centre for technical challenges.
- Coordinate with service providers on-site such as Translation and Media to provide client seamless in-house technical services utilizing Wu Centre equipment and services.
- Support team members across all units in Conference Services. Provide support during peak times specifically cross campus and in the Central Booking Office.
- Provide accurate delivery of physical conference arrangements, coordination of all room sets and audio visual requirements, scheduling and overall troubleshooting for events.
- Set-up and arrange meeting rooms with particular attention to client preferences for furniture placement, audio-visual/computer equipment set-up, operation and ease of use.
- Contribute to policies, plans and projects for the implementation of services, technology and conference services that support the Wu Conference Centre and UNB Conference Services.
- Undergraduate in business administration, conference/event information systems or hospitality & tourism; and/or an equivalent combination of experience, education and training.
- Diploma in electronics/communications field or equivalent would be considered an asset.
- Training or experience in sound engineering would be considered an asset.
- 2-5 years professional experience in Conference Services or Hospitality & Tourism.
- Proficient working and troubleshooting knowledge with Macintosh/PC computers and skilled in used of various software applications for multimedia productions, word processing, spreadsheets and databases for both platforms.
- Knowledge and experience with configuring equipment for computer projection, technical services utilizing AV equipment and services in support of Translation and Media to provide client seamless in-house AV service.
- Proficient knowledge and experience with multipoint Video Conferencing technologies, LAN (TCP/IP) networking.
- Superior communication skills, including the ability to listen actively, respond verbally in a manner that is clear and respectful, and seek clarity in ambiguous situations. Client service orientated.
- Exceptional written communication skills, with a proven ability to produce clear, effective documents.
- Exhibit consistent professional attitude and appearance.
Closing date for applications, January 30, 2020 4:30PM. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The University of New Brunswick is committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.