The University of New Brunswick Fredericton welcomes applications for the position of Clerk PL4 with Trust and Treasury. This is a 2-year term, part-time (28 hours per week) position with the SALAC employee group. The position is funded by the University Budget with a salary range of $20.10 - $23.34 per hour.
Reporting directly to the Manager of Trust & Treasury Services, this position will primarily be responsible for the reconciliation of the University's bank accounts and credit card transactions as well as preparing month-end journal entries.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations for various bank accounts including US currency accounts, payroll accounts and trust accounts.
- Reconcile outstanding cheque lists.
- Reconcile credit card transactions for approximately 50 merchant account numbers.
- Trace direct deposit and wire transfers to all bank accounts daily.
- Provide Receipting and Banking staff with foreign exchange values for deposits.
- Calculate and prepare month-end and year-end journal entries as required, such as debt and interest payments, transfers of funds, interest revenue, services charges, etc.
- Maintain records of each department's petty cash accounts and coordinate year-end confirmation letters to ensure complete and accurate accounting.
- Prepare reimbursement transfer journal entries for trust accounts.
- Ensure sufficient funds are available for requested trust account spending.
- A Business diploma, certificate or degree, or the equivalent professional training.
- Three to five years relevant experience, including two years accounting experience.
- Must be able to demonstrate a sound understanding of bank reconciliation processes.
- Above average computer skills are required, specifically Excel.
- Excellent organizational and customer service skills, combined with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to multi-task, organize and prioritize own work.
- Confidentiality and attention to detail are required.
Closing date for applications, January 27, 2020 4:30PM. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The University of New Brunswick is committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.