The University of New Brunswick welcomes applications for the position of Administrative Coordinator, Strategy and Operations, which is a shared resource between the Office of Development and Donor Relations (DDR) and the Communications Office. This is a full-time, three-year term (36.25 hours per week) position with the APT employee group. The position is funded by external monies with a salary range of $39,391 - $49,614 per annum.
Reporting jointly to the Director of DDR and the Director of Communications, this position is responsible for providing executive support to the Directors to help implement strategic initiatives, as well as for providing daily logistical support in the Office of Development and Donor Relations (located in Fredericton).
- Assist Directors with their daily schedule and strategic priorities, including but not limited to: coordinating intercampus meetings and travel; screening and prioritizing requests; preparing for meetings; directing or responding to inquiries and requests.
- Prepare and compose contact reports, memos, general correspondence, presentations and other letters.
- Track strategic priorities, monitor activity progress, and remind key participants of important dates and deadlines.
- Undertake special projects and other assignments as determined.
- Assist the Director of Communications to maintain and update infrastructure resource plans, including technology, phone service, subscription services etc. Order and organize office supplies for both departments.
- Maintain an extensive filing system which includes current and archived files, including sensitive and confidential information.
- Provide a first point of contact for donors who visit and call the office. Receive donations in person, over the phone and via email.
- Acquire working knowledge of the annual budgets, account codes, cash flow documents, and DDR trust and clearing accounts. Maintain and process financial records, including reconciling Procurement Card statements, as well as travel and expense claims. Maintain the DDR petty cash account.
- Provide general administrative duties as needed.
- Collaborate with Advancement Level 1 personnel to troubleshoot technological problems.
- Support and attend special events, as requested by the Directors.
- High school graduation and a two-year business administration or office management diploma or equivalent combination of related training and experience.
- Three to five years' experience in a senior administrative role, preferably in a university or fundraising environment.
- Superior communication skills and the ability to exercise tact, diplomacy and professionalism.
- Proven ability to take initiative.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently with little guidance and ability to multi-task while working with a high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to work collaboratively with units within and external to UNB.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent writing skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office, Colleague, Informer, D2L and Office 365.
- Working in a post-secondary environment would be considered an asset.
Closing date for applications, January 30, 2020 4:30PM. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The University of New Brunswick is committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.