The University of New Brunswick Fredericton welcomes applications for the position of Resident in Psychology with the Psychological Wellness Centre. This is a one-year term full-time (36.25 hours per week) position with the APT employee group. The position is funded by the external monies with a salary range of $63,053 - $88,275 per annum.
The Psychological Wellness Centre (PWC) is an externally-funded training clinic presently located in Tibbits Hall East on the University of New Brunswick (UNB) Fredericton campus. An integral part of the doctoral training program in clinical psychology at UNB, the PWC is devoted to the achievement of excellence in research, education, clinical service, and professional development, and is closely affiliated with the Psychology Department. The purpose of the PWC is to provide experiential learning opportunities in therapy and assessment to doctoral students in Clinical Psychology at a low-cost to both adults and children from Fredericton and the surrounding areas. Such services are provided within a context conducive to research, teaching, community engagement and professional development.
- Provide Psychological Services (e.g., assessment and therapy) funded by third parties (e.g. Blue Cross, Worksafe NB, CBI, Veteran’s Affairs Canada, NB Department of Social Development). The nature of the services provided will be contingent upon the skills, interests, and experience of the resident.
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate records and providing third party reports within responsible time-frames.
- Provide clinical supervision to graduate students in the doctoral program in clinical psychology.
- Assist the director in the management of the PWC and related activities.
- Registers for Licensure within the Province of New Brunswick and completes applicable exams.
- Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology.
- Completion of a one-year CPA accredited predoctoral internship.
- Must be eligible to apply for Interim Membership with the College of Psychologists of New Brunswick (CPNB).
Review of applications will begin February 15, 2020 4:30PM and will continue until the position is filled. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The University of New Brunswick is committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.