Keirstead Hall - Room 3
Encourage Active and Collaborative Learning
- Alternating rows in this classroom have swivel seats so that students may engage in group discussions and activities.
- Wireless presentation technologies allow instructors and students to wireless collaborate with the digital projector system.
Promote Student-Faculty Interactions
- A large center isle allows instructors to freely engage with students.
- Portable instructor desk-podium designed to reduce barriers, while still providing sufficient workspace for instructors laptop, notes, and other teaching tools.
- Improved acoustics through a dropped ceiling and distributed sound system.
- With the wireless prsentation technologies, the instructor is not anchored or tethered to one spot in the room, they are free to present from any location.
- Tiered seating allows the students and instructor to easily see and hear each other.
Provide Enriching Educational Experiences
- The non-swivel seats have a power outlet for students to connect devices to. This provides power for every other student.
- Relaible wireless connectivity is designed for the next generation of learning environments.
Provide a Supportive Campus Environment
- Comfortable seating designed to give more space in the seat for students.
- Natural light from adjacent windows increases the comfortable nature of the room.
- Window shades are provided to ensure just the right amount of light is filtered into the room.
- Air exchange and automated temperature control provide a livable and comfortable environment.