Safety & Support Systems
UNB strives to provide a safe and secure environment and is dedicated to promoting safety in all the residences and throughout the campus. Here are some of the ways we keep your student safe:
- The front desk of the Residence Administration Building is staffed Monday-Friday from 8:00am until 4:30pm.
- Residence Life Coordinators are available to meet with students and supporters by appointment (both inside and outside traditional office hours).
- Security staff are on call 24/7.
- Residence doors are locked 24 hours a day. Guests may enter the residence provided that a resident accompanies them at all times.
- On a rotational basis, our live-in student staff are available to respond to emergencies and disturbances within the buildings and participate in a nightly on call schedule.
- Programs such as SafeWalk protect students traveling between UNB buildings. UNB Security & Traffic also offers self-defense videos, such as 360 Stay Safe, and a comprehensive Personal Safety Guide.
- UNB Security conducts regular rounds of the campus and students can use emergency phones that have been installed in seven locations around campus.
We take these measures not because UNB isn't a safe place, but because we want to keep it safe.
We are committed to your student’s academic success and well-being, and provide this support through dedicated staff and specialized units, including:
Throughout the year, you may need to access some of the many resources we offer. We’ve created a chart to connect you and your student to people and services you need.
- Helping Tree (PDF)
Policy Against Hazing
UNB does not tolerate hazing in any form. Any individual, sports team, group or organization that plans or engages in hazing is in violation of UNB Policy, and risks suspension or expulsion.