Sport High Performance Centre
The Sport Performance Centre is a four thousand square foot facility, a partnership between the University of New Brunswick and the Canadian Sport Centre Atlantic, which offers world class sport-specific training. Our strength and conditioning programs are designed to increase your physiological abilities and enhance your sport performance.Our training principles and programs are based on the latest in sport science research. Groups will undergo a full evaluation to determine needs, and programs are then targeted towards maximizing strength and conditioning within each group’s sport, age bracket, and skill level. Progress is tested and tracked on a regular basis to ensure each athlete’s training is effective and will have a direct impact on performance. Athletes will also be provided with testing results to guide future training and ongoing athlete development.
What do we offer?
- Sport-specific strength and conditioning programs designed and delivered by exceptional trainers
- Regular testing and periodized programs to improve your abilities
- Affordable rates for individual and group training
Who has trained with us?
- UNB Varsity teams
- National champions in a variety of sports including wrestling, karate, judo, and cycling
- International and World Championship competitors in sports such as athletics and wrestling
- CHL, AHL, ECHL, and NHL hockey players, including Fredericton native Jake Allen
For more information regarding the training offered at the Sport Performance Centre, please contact Meaghan Donahue Wies, Athlete Services and Game Plan Manager with the Canadian Sport Centre Atlantic, contact us or call 506-453-4500.