Maintenance & Renovations

Facilities Management provides construction, renovation and maintenance services for the buildings, grounds and infrastructure on UNB campus. For a full list of services provided by this department, please see the Facilities Management website. Some of these services (e.g. custodial services, snow removal, elevator maintenance) are funded through an annual university operating budget. Others (e.g. redecorating, construction/repair of office furniture) are charged to the employee's department. Please check the Facilities Management website for a list of billable services.

Employees who wish to request a service should contact the Work Control Centre in Fredericton. They will need to provide a contact name, phone number and e-mail address; the building and room or outside location that requires work; and the nature of the problem/task. If a billable service is being requested, a general ledger account number will also need to be provided. Facilities Management will use this information to generate a work order.

Faculty and staff in Saint John should contact the department of Facilities Management in Saint John to request maintenance services.

Funds are also available for capital renovation projects, as well as non-space and alterations and renovations grants. Alteration and renovation grants (A&R grants) finance the updating, upgrading or repair of buildings; the reorganizing and/or reassigning of space to make it more functional; major maintenance projects; and grounds improvements and development. Non-space funds finance the acquisition of teaching, research, plant and administrative equipment and furnishings, as well as the purchase of library volumes and computer software. These grants are funded by the Maritime Provinces Higher Education Commission and administered through Resources Planning and Budgeting Team. For more information on these grants, please contact the RPB Team.