Expenses related to hosting business receptions and meetings are only reimbursable if these events are related to the mission of the university. To claim such expenses, an employee must fill out and submit a Hospitality Details form. This form must include a detailed statement of charges and original receipts. The employee must also state which general ledger object code the expenses should be charged to: Hospitality (61130) is to be used when guests of the university are present, and Employee Hospitality (61131) should be used in all other cases. Please see our Reimbursement Policy Q&A for more information on how to fill out an Hospitality Details form.

An Hospitality/Hosting Policy is currently being developed. This policy will set guidelines that will help employees determine eligible hospitality/hosting expenses. It will be posted on our Policy page when it becomes available.