Letter of Permission

Students who would like to attend a host institution that is not one of UNB's existing partners may be eligible to study under a letter of permission. Essentially, UNB may provide students with permission to take pre-approved courses at another institution and transfer the credit back to their UNB degree. This can often be done at other Canadian institutions and internationally. The difference between a Letter of Permission and an Exchange is that it is up to the student to research, apply, and pay for any and all fees associated with their time abroad (I.e. Students pay full tuition to the host institution, not to UNB). If you are considering seeking a Letter of Permission you should get in touch with your faculty advisor and the Registrar's Office to determine whether you are eligible and if your proposed host institution is acceptable.