Student services centralized
After extensive renovations and upgrades, the C.C. Jones House Student Services Centre officially opened on February 11, 2010 and is now the central location for student services on the University of New Brunswick's Fredericton campus.
The centre brings the majority of student services together under one roof and enhances our ability to meet student needs with a modern Student Health Centre on the third floor; Counselling Services on the second; and the Office of Student Affairs and Services on the ground floor.
The International Relations Office is also located in the building next to the International Student Advisor's Office which brings together all international services and programs for students.
One of the key features of the building is its accessibility with the installation of an elevator.
Renovations to the C.C. Jones House began in 2008 and cost just under $5 million. The majority of the funding came from the Province of New Brunswick. Thanks to the province's Alterations and Renovations Grant, University Deferred Maintenance Program and the University Infrastructure Improvement Program, the provincial government has contributed more than $3 million to this project. The remainder of the funding was covered by UNB—1.2 million of which came from the Student Infrastructure Fee.
Opened in 1958, Jones House was home to thousands of students for nearly 50 years. The building was named in honour of the late Cecil Charles Jones, who served as UNB’s president from 1906 to 1940.
The C.C. Jones Student Services Centre will serve the more than 8,000 undergraduate and graduate students at UNB Fredericton.