J. Faculty of Education Admission Advantage - FEAA. Fredericton Campus Only
For high school applicants and applicants currently in a first year UNB degree program.
The Faculty of Education Admission Advantage extends conditional offers of acceptance into the Bachelor of Education program to exceptional high school students and first year UNB students. Faculty of Education Admission Advantage students apply to the Bachelor of Education program as well as the University of New Brunswick undergraduate program of their choice during the final year of secondary school, or apply to the Bachelor of Education program during the first year of their UNB program.
Faculty of Education Admission Advantage status has the following benefits:
- A place in the Bachelor of Education program, conditional upon meeting process requirements.
- A Faculty of Education counselor to assist you with questions or concerns.
- Access to the Education Society to keep you informed about events, activities, and other involvements that could enhance your admissibility to the education degree program.
If you are currently in, or approaching your senior year of high school, OR are in the first year of study at UNB, you will want to see the details in the Undergraduate Calendar online. For this route you are conditionally admitted to the Bachelor of Education degree and must complete your first degree at the University of New Brunswick.
Secondary school students should complete the following steps:
- Apply to an undergraduate program at UNB, and indicate interest in FEAA by the application deadline of March 31st.
- Complete and return the Faculty of Education advance application package by March 31st.
The application for the Faculty of Education Admission Advantage requires that the high school applicant presents all courses necessary for admission to their first program choice (e.g. Bachelor of Arts) with an admission average of 80%.
First year UNB students should complete the following steps:
- Complete the Faculty of Education advance application by January 31st.
The competitive application for the Faculty of Education Admission Advantage requires that the UNB applicant completes a minimum of 30 credit hours in the first year of study and achieves a grade point average of 3.3.
Selection of applicants for the FEAA is competitive, so meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission to the program.
To progress into the Bachelor of Education program, Faculty of Education Admission Advantage students need to:
- Achieve a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 upon completion of their UNB degree (degree must be completed within a five-year period).
- Participate in a Faculty of Education Seminar Series designed for FEAA students while in undergraduate degree program.
- Participate in leadership/achievement activities involving working with children, athletics, performing arts, student government, volunteer work, and community services. These activities will be reported annually to the Faculty of Education.
- Complete final component of Faculty of Education application.
A place in the Faculty of Education will be assured to those students who are awarded Faculty of Education Admission Advantage, provided they meet the progress criteria listed above upon graduation from their first UNB degree program.
Note: If you have questions about this program, please call Dr. Katherine Winslow, Faculty of Education, (506) 447-3048 or e-mail her at email@example.com
Copies of the FEAA application package can be obtained by e-mailing Admissions@unb.ca