McPhedran Nursing Faculty Development Graduate Scholarship
Category(s): Application to or Recommendation submitted by Department or Faculty
Field: Nursing or related field
Duration: One Year
Level: Priority will be given to Doctoral candidates.
This scholarship is intended to provide funding for registered nurses employed by UNB Faculty of Nursing in Fredericton in a continuing or term appointment who are pursuing graduate degrees at any university approved by the selection committee. The selection committee will consist of the Dean of Nursing, the Assistant Dean of Graduate and Advanced RN Studies, and the Assistant Dean of Research and Faculty Development. Doctoral study may be in Nursing, or a related discipline. Master's degrees normally will be in Nursing. Consideration will be give to financial need. At the discretion of the selection committee, priority for awarding the scholarship will be in the following descending order:
- graduate of the UNBF Faculty of Nursing; doctoral study; holding a continuing appointment,
- graduate of any nursing program; doctoral study; hold a continuing appointment,
- graduate of the UNBF Faculty of Nursing; master of nursing study; hold a continuing appointment,
- graduate of any nursing program; master of nursing study; hold a continuing appointment,
- graduate of the UNBF Faculty of Nursing; doctoral study; hold a term appointment.
Applications to the Dean of Nursing by March 1 must include: 1) a statement of the applicant's timeline, intended focus for graduate study, and financial need, 2) evidence of admission to a graduate program, 3) a curriculum vitae, 4) academic transcripts, 5) list of other sources of funding applied for or received.
Deadline: March 1st
Awarding Agency: The University of New Brunswick
Recommendation needed from faculty?: No
Full/Part time: Full time