Questions for reviewing Computer Coding
- Does the source code properly reflect the design's intent?
- Are data structures implemented properly?
- Have operators been used conectly? That is, have we used a"+" sign
where we meant to use a "*" sign?
- Are all loops and logical tests nested properly?
- Do we have a proper escape mechanism for all loops? That is have we
ensured against an infinite loop?
- Have all variables been assigned explicit data types? Are inconsistent
data types combined in an inappropriate manner?
- Have meaningful variable names been chosen?
- Does a module prologue exist? Is it complete?
- Do comments add to the understanding of the source code rather
parroting the code?
- Is the layout (e.g., comments, indentation, white space) of the code
conducive to good readability?
Each of the QUESTIONS should be applied to the code for every module.
End to date, ams 990705