UNB Saint John Counselling services
The counsellors' primary goal is to facilitate the personal, social, academic, and career development of our university students. We offer both personal counselling and career counselling.
Consultations and referrals are available to faculty and staff to consult about concerns that pertain to the welfare of students. Please read the Faculty and Staff Quick Guide to Helping Students to learn more.
Outreach programming may be available to provide activities or educational workshops for various groups on a variety of topics.
Counselling Services offers free, individual, confidential counselling. You can bring any issue here that is on your mind. If one of the counsellors can't help with your particular situations, they will try to direct you to someone who can. When you make an appointment with a counsellor, he or she will:
- Listen to your concerns (what's going on that brings you here?)
- Help you identify your goals (where do you want to get to and how will you know you're there?)
- Help you develop a plan (how to get from 1 to 2)
How to make an appointment
To make an appointment with a UNB Saint John counsellor, please complete our UNB Saint John online booking request form. Alternatively, you can call Meredith Henry at 648-2309 or drop by her office in Oland Hall G19 or April Bauman at 648-2308 in Oland Hall G18.
Our regular office hours are:
- 9am - 12pm and 1pm - 4pm, Monday through Friday
Outside normal operating hours, or in situations requiring immediate assistance, help with a crisis or an emergency is available through:
- CHIMO Help Line Inc. (Crisis Line 1-800-667-5005)
- Mobile Mental Health Crisis Services (1-888-811-3664)