We moved into the new Canadian Rivers Institute building in 2006 that includes state-of-the-art wet and dry labs and offices for faculty and students.
Environmental Chemistry Lab
Our lab equipment includes:
- Total mercury analyzer (DMA-80)
- Accelerated solvent extractor (ASE 300)
- Gas chromatograph with an ECD, FID and MSD (Agilent 6890N/5975B)
- ICP optical emission spectrometer (iCAP 6500 DUO)
- Microwave digester (MARS 5)
- Gel permeation chromatography system (PrepLinc GPC)
- Buchi Rotavapors
- Nitrogen evaporator
- Analytical balances
- Freeze dryer
Our field equipment includes:
- Nets and dredges
Current in-house analyses include:
- Total Mercury
- PCBs and other organochlorines by GC ECD with methods modified from EPA 8081B, EPA 8082A, EPA 3640A, EPA 3620C and EPA 3545A
- PCBs and other organochlorines by GC MSD with methods modified from EPA 8270D, EPA 1668, EPA 3640A, EPA 3620C and EPA 3545A
- Polyaromatic hydrocarbons by GC MSD using methods modified from EPA 8270D, EPA 3640A, EPA 3545A and EPA 3510C.
- Metals using methods modified from EPA 200.7 and EPA 3052
For more information on analytical capabilities, contact Angella Mercer.