Global Site Navigation (use tab and down arrow)
Science, Applied Science & Engineering
Overview of graduate programmes in Biology
- Register on-line in the graduate programme each term, normally for BIOL 6000, BIOL 6913, and either BIOL 6997 (MSc thesis) or BIOL 6998 (PhD thesis).
- Arrange for tuition fee payment -- before the end of each term, i.e. fall, winter, spring.
- Programme of study - submit within one month of beginning MSc. or PhD. If there are changes in e.g. your committee membership, required courses, etc., submit a REVISED programme of study form.
- Progress report - submit at least two in each calendar year throughout programme, as a summary of supervisory committee meetings.
- Thesis proposal - within 5-6 months (MSc) or 12 months (PhD) of beginning the programme
- Required courses:
- BIOL 6000 Biology seminars
- BIOL 6913 Research skills and perspectives
- others, as required by supervisory committee
- Thesis completion
- approval by supervisor
- approval by supervisory committee
- submission of proposed examining comittee (MSc, PhD)
- submission of thesis to examining committee
- conflict of interest form (PhD only)
- thesis defence
- final copies and paperwork