Karen Furlong, RN, MN, CNN (c), PhD
Year One Coordinator / Senior Teaching Associate
Phone: (506) 648-5557
Fax: (506) 648-5784
- PhD, Faculty of Education, UNB Fredericton
- Comprehensive Systematic Review Certification, Joanna Briggs Institute. Queen’s University, Kingston Ontario, 2011
- Canadian Nurses Association Certification in Neuroscience Nursing, 2008
- Master of Nursing UNB, Fredericton, 2005
- Diploma of University Teaching, 2003
- Bachelor of Nursing BN/RN UNB, Saint John, 2000
- Diploma in Nursing – Saint John School of Nursing, 1985
- Adult medical-surgical nursing
- Health Assessment
- Clinical & laboratory teaching
- Acute care nursing
- Nursing skill laboratories
Research, grants & publication summary
- Recipient of a Canadian Institutes of Health Research Regional Partnerships – New Brunswick Fellowship, 2011
- Using Technology to Support Student Learning – A research project investigating the utility of mobile devices to support both teaching and learning within the undergraduate nursing program at UNB, Saint John.
- Health Informatics - Doctoral Student, Educational Studies, University of New Brunswick, Fredericton.
- Furlong, K., & Wuest, J. (2008). Self-Care Behaviors of Spouses Caring for Significant Others with Alzheimer’s Disease: The Emergence of Self-Care Worthiness as a Salient Condition. Qualitative Health Research, 18(12), 1662-1672.
- Wuest, J., Hodgins, M., Merritt-Gray, M., Seaman, P., Malcom, J., & Furlong, K. (2006). Queries and Quandaries in Developing and Testing an Instrument Derived from a Grounded Theory. Journal of Theory & Testing, 10(1), 26-33.
- NB Nursing Informatics Group
- Canadian Nursing Informatics Association
- Member of the Canadian Association of Neuroscience Nurses