2018 Scratch Programming Competition
June 9, 2018 at UNB Saint John
Please see our schedule for the day.
Scratch is a visual coding language that allows young students to create and develop their own interactive animations, stories, games, and art. In addition, students can share their creations on the Web.
The Department of Computer Science is pleased to be the host site of the English NB competition for 2018.
Organizational issues such as rules, registration and judging criteria are being handled by our partner, Brilliant Labs.
- Parents/guardians are asked to complete this permission form in advance and have it brought to the contest.
- Schools normally have an internal competition to select the best few projects, which are then registered at Brilliant Labs. A panel of judges will select a collection of projects to be presented at the final round, held at UNB Saint John on June 9th. For contestants who live far from Saint John and who are unable to travel to the final round, contact Brilliant Labs to see whether alternative arrangements can be made.
- For questions about the competition contact Jeff Willson at Brilliant Labs by email.
- Best Overall from the younger group was --- ( --- School), while -- (-- School) took the Best Overall prize for the older group.
- Best Artistic from the younger group was --- (--- School), and --- (--- School) received the Best Artistic prize for the older group.
- Best Technical from the younger group was --- (--- School), while --- (--- School) took the Best Technical prize for the older group.
Questions about the competition?
Contact Jeff Willson at Brilliant Labs by email.