Starting in September 2017?
Welcome to the faculty of Science, Applied Science and Engineering - or SASE (pronounced "sassy") - we can't wait to see what amazing things you will do while you're with us! Your first year will be challenging, but we've got lots of resources to help you along the way.
You've got your acceptance letter - what now?
1. Activate your IT services - Your acceptance letter will have information about activating your student account and Orientation - please make sure to activate your IT services so that you can check your UNB Email account for important information about the upcoming school year.
2. Register for your courses - If you missed the Spring Orientation, Advising, and Registration (S.O.A.R.) in May, you can attend one of the summer sessions listed below. In these sessions you will meet with your Advisor, learn about your program, and register for your courses. See the Registration Packages below to read ahead.
3. Attend Orientation - Regardless of the Advising sessions you have or have not attended before September, you will want to come to Fall Orientation. Please see Orientation Website for details.
- if you intent to pursue the Nursing or Health Science programs, please refer to the Nursing and Health Science Advising website.
- if you are a transfer student or will not be in the area until September, please contact Amy Witkowski.
Upcoming Advising Sessions:
*Please bring your student number and login ID (found on your acceptance letter), and your password for your IT services if they've been activated.
Tuesday July 4th 2017 @ 6pm in Hazen Hall Room 239.
Tuesday August 1st 2017 @ 6pm in Hazen Hall Room 239.
Tuesday September 5th 2017 - see Orientation website for details.
Want to read ahead?
For information on how to prepare for your first year at University, check out the New Student Guide. You may also want to review our Registration Packages below for info on course registration and program information. Please review the degree checklists to see all the program requirements for each degree and major.
- Registration Package for Biological Sciences: For students interested in Majoring in Biology, Environmental Biology, Marine Biology, General Science, Psychology, Biology-Psychology. For those interested in the Pre-Professional Stream please use the PPS Academic Plan.
- Registration Package for Computer Sciences and Mathematics: For students interested in the Mathematics, Mathematics & Economics, Statistics, Computer Science, or Information Science
- Registration Package for Engineers: For students interested in Engineering (all streams)
- For all others (including Chemistry, Geology and Physics), please contact your advisor for details.
- How to Register for Courses through MyUNB: Step-By-Step instructions
- For a list of all courses offered in Fall 2017 and Winter 2018 by subject: UNB Timetable
- For course descriptions: see Academic Calendar
Math Placement Test
If you are hoping to pursue a SASE degree, you will need to write the Math Placement Test (MPT). The next opportunity will be during Orientation in September. Please see the Math Placement Test website for details and further information about the test.
Please contact SASE Advisor Amy Witkowski.