Emin Civi, PhD
Emin Civi joined the Faculty of Business Administration in 2005 and is a member of the Marketing Area.
He teaches Marketing Management, International Marketing, Retailing and International Business in the BBA program and International marketing in the MBA program.
Prior to joining the University of New Brunswick, he taught at Celal Bayar University in Turkey. His academic interest areas are competitiveness of
MNC's, emerging economies, internationalization of companies, born global companies, and the effects of accounting regulations.
His articles have appeared in the Thunderbird International Business Review , Journal of Management and Economics, Journal of Diversity Management, Journal of The International Business and Economics, Business and Finance, and Marketing Intelligence and Planning.
Peer-reviewed journal articles
- Civi, Emin and Ece Demiray (2008) Empirical Studies in International Competitiveness, Journal of Management and Economics, Vol.15, No:1, winter,
- pp. 99-114
- Civi, Emin, Elif S. Persinger and Aziz Sunje (2007) "Gaining Strength for a New Future: Bosnia and Herzegovina's Export Opportunities" Journal of
- Diversity Management, Vol. 2: No:4, pp. 43-60
- Civi, Emin and Elif S. Persinger (2007) "The Born Global Entrepreneur in Emerging markets" Journal of The International Business and Economics
- Research" Vol. 6. No:3, March, pp. 73-82
- Civi, Emin and Ibrahim Erol (2006) "Strategies to Improve International Competitiveness: Empirical Studies" Journal of Management and Economics,
- Civi, Emin and Sinan Nardali (2005) "Crises Management in Turkish Companies: Tofas" Journal of Institute of Social Sciences at CBU, No:1-1, pp. 21-34
Conference presentations and proceedings
- Civi, Emin and Derek Dygos (2008) "Services Export Performances of OECD Countries" IIC Conference in Atlanta, GA, USA, from October 9-11,
- Civi, Emin and Elif S. Persinger (2007) "Canadian Exports: What's Next?" The Facing East-Facing West Conference, at Western Michigan University,
- Kalamazoo, June 15-16
- Civi, Emin and Elif S. Persinger (2006), "New Directions for Global Competitiveness: The Case of Turkish Exports" the 2006 International
- Business and Economic Research Conference to be held in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, 2-6 October (abstract only on authors' request)
- Civi, Emin and Elif S. Persinger (2006), ""New Players from Emerging Economies in the Global Marketplace"," the 2006 International Business and
- Economic Research Conference to be held in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, 2-6 October (abstract only on authors' request)
- Civi, Emin and Elif S. Persinger (2006), "Guidance for Exporters in Bosnia and Herzegovina in the World Market" Third International Conference of the
- School of Economics and Business in Sarajevo (ICES2006), Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina, 12-13 October
- Civi, Emin and Elif S. Persinger (2006) "Industrial Competitiveness Index: The Case of Turkey" 2006 Annual Conference, Consortium for International
- Marketing Research- Focus on International Business Problems withMulti-Disciplinary Lens, Istanbul, Turkey, 26-30 May
- Aktan, Coskun Can; Emin Civi and Istiklal Y. Vural (2003) Export Strategiesof Turkey, Cinar Gumrukleme, Istanbul
- Erol, Ibrahim and Emin Civi (1999) International Marketing, Emek Matbaasi, Manisa
- Erol, Ibrahim and Emin Civi (1996), Theory and Policy of Money-Banking, Akademi Kitabevi, Izmir
Phone: (506) 648-5852
Office location: 237 Oland Hall