Admission Criteria & Requirements
The Psychology Graduate Academic Unit offers a Master of Arts degree in Experimental Psychology. Opportunities to specialize may be individually determined according to faculty research interests. Applicants are expected to meet the following criteria for entry into the graduate program in Psychology:
- obtained an undergraduate honours degree in Psychology with a research-based thesis.
- candidates should have a minimum cumulative Grade Point Average of 3.7/4.3 (or A-).
The application deadline is Dec. 15. All official supporting documentation not included with your online application (example: official transcripts, GRE test scores) should be mailed to:
School of Graduate Studies
University of New Brunswick
P.O. Box 5050
Saint John, New Brunswick
Canada E2L 4L5
Tel: (506) 648-0450
Fax: (506) 648-5982
In order to ensure your online application is properly processed please ensure you have met all the standard graduate school requirements as well as the psychology program-specific requirements outlined below.
- Graduate Record Examination Scores (GRE General Test Scores) only.
- Statement of Purpose - (in 500 words or less, please provide a description of your career goals, your research interests, experiences and provisional plans. Please comment on why you have chosen to apply to the University of New Brunswick and what aspects of our department or program you find attractive.)
- Curriculum Vitae - A complete list of awards and honours you have received; professional presentations or publications that you have authored or co-authored; and any relevant volunteer and employment positions. (Example: research assistant)
- If applicable, minimum TOEFL score of 600 (or 250 on computer-based version) with a TWE of 5.5 is required; IELTS band 7.