Partner with UNB
Industry-Government Services (IGS) in the Office of Research Services is designed to maximize UNB's input into a sustainable economy in New Brunswick and beyond through the development and transfer of technology and knowledge. IGS facilitates access to UNB for those who wish to tap into its knowledge base and research capabilities.
The two main functions of the IGS office are:
- Opportunity Development
- Technology and Knowledge Transfer
The office is guided by the idea that UNB has a role with industry, government and others to support a stronger, healthier and more innovative New Brunswick and Atlantic Canada.
The strategy and commitment of the office of Industry-Government Services is to:
- Rapidly process requests received from faculty, staff, potential clients and partners, and supply follow up support services;
- Identify research funding opportunities and research collaboration opportunities;
- Expand the number of faculty participants;
- Maintain open and regular communications with our clients and partners in order to remain abreast of their development strategies and to plan supporting activity accordingly;
- Develop more effective identification of technologies with commercialization potential, and to expedite their transfer to industry, preferably in New Brunswick.