Post Award Services / Research Financial Services
Fredericton: Sir Howard Douglas Hall, room 302; 3 Bailey Drive, PO Box 4400, Fredericton, NB, Canada, E3B 5A3 | Tel: (506) 453-3558 | Fax: (506) 458-7600 | Email
Saint John: Philip W. Oland Hall, Room 116; 100 Tucker Park Road, PO Box 5050, Saint John, NB, Canada, E2L 4L5 | Tel. (506) 648-5865 | Fax (506) 648-5514 | Email
This division provides a range of helpful financial services, including oversight, audit and financial administration for all research funding - e.g. grants, contracts and other agreements with government, industry or other external partners.
Dedicated to communicating and promoting financial and administrative policies and procedures, this division strives to assist researchers in implementing said policies and procedures, which makes it a useful resource for those requiring assistance with funded research agreements and accounts.
Note: Reimbursement of expenses or the incurrence of other charges to your account does not, in itself, constitute ultimate approval. All transactions are subject to subsequent audit adjustment.
Policies and guidelines
- Account Authorizations
- Billing to External Clients
- Fringe Benefits
- General Research Trust Account
- Human Resources and Payroll
- Overhead (Indirect Cost) Recovery
- Principal Investigator Fees
- Procurement Policy
- Sale of Surplus Equipment and Supplies
- For information on planning and/or making any travel arrangements, how to claim travel expenses, what expenses are eligible and any other travel-related issues, please refer to the UNB policy.
- For information on the travel policies of the Tri-Council (CIHR, NSERC, SSHRC), see the Use of Grant Funds section of the Tri-Agency Financial Administration Guide.
- Additional information is required on travel charged to all Tri-Council funded accounts via travel claims, Purchase Orders, cheque requisitions or journal entries. Please attach the Travel for Tri-Council Research Form to any charges, or include the required information (as indicated on this form) to the documents.
- Tri-Agency Eligible Research Grant Expenses and Supporting Evidence Requirements