August 14th, 2014 Upgrade : Desire2Learn 10.2 - 10.3
UNB will be upgrading from Desire2Learn Version 10.2 to 10.3 on August 14th, 2014 between 9am and 5pm ATL time. During the upgrade, Desire2Learn will NOT be available at UNB.
Please note that this is a minor upgrade that will see no major interface changes or affect your past or present courses in anyway. This upgrade will provide improvements to some of the most popular tools in the learning environment such as Quizzes, Discussions, and Dropbox.
The top 5 features in this release are:
1) Quizzes : The ability to “Add/Edit questions” is now under the “Properties Tab”.
2) Quizzes : All Assessment related items for a quiz (Grade items, auto export to grades, rubrics, etc) are now under a new “Assessments” tab.
3) Discussions : Improved discussion lists, rating options, and improvements to discussion statistics.
4) Dropbox : You can now evaluate/grade non-submissions and submissions outside of D2L.
5) Content : Better handling of external links and unsupported file types.
For a complete list of the new items in this release please click here
The University of New Brunswick uses Desire2Learn as its Learning Management System (LMS) to help manage all online elements of courses. The ultimate goal of this LMS is to help faculty reach and engage learners however and wherever they learn.
Our Desire2Learn Support team at UNB provides training, one-on-one sessions, telephone support, as well as many Desire2Learn resources you can access from the menu at the right side of this page.
You can access your Desire2Learn courses by signing into the UNB portal and clicking on the "View My Desire2Learn" link, or, you can log in directly by going to https://lms.unb.ca
If you go under the "My Home" area of Desire2Learn you'll see that under the "Free Courses" heading there are two self register courses titled "D2L Help Site for Students" and "D2L Help Site for Instructors". Both of these courses offer plenty of helpful guides and videos that were created by the folks at Desire2Learn.
View our Twitter page for breaking news about D2L@UNB - including outages, tips & more!
If there are any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.