Support Staff Employment Opportunity
Student Recruitment Officer (Greater Toronto Sales Territory)
U First: Student Recruitment UNB Fredericton
|Competition #:||#154-13.14||Closing Date:||June 9, 2014 4:00PM|
|Employment Group:||No Group||Salary or Rate:||Commensurate with qualifications & experience.|
|Employment Date:(tentative)||As soon as possible||Hours per Week:||Full-Time (36.25 HPW)|
|Position Length:(tentative)||2 Year Term||Funding:||University Budget|
Based in Toronto, this position is accountable to the Executive Director and will play a lead role in recruiting undergraduate students for UNBF from the sales territory of Greater Toronto and secondarily, Western Canada.
The Student Recruitment Officer will hit the ground running; meet enrolment targets by developing close working relationships with key stakeholders in their sales territory, including prospective high school students, parents, high school guidance counsellors/administrators/teachers, alumni, transfer students and others. They will also work closely with other members of the student recruitment team and with the admissions offices and faculties on both Fredericton and Saint John campuses.
**Note: The position was previously advertised and closed May 2, 2014. Previous applicants need not re-apply.
All applications will be re-submitted in the competition.
• Assist in the development and implementation of a student recruitment strategy for specific target markets and help to co-ordinate this plan with other university constituencies and faculties.
• Develop excellent relationships with high school guidance counsellors, administrators, and teachers, parents, alumni and other key influencers.
• Build relationships with potential undergraduate students (high school and transfer).
• Develop and implement innovative recruitment initiatives and events both on and off the campus(s), ie send-off and welcome receptions, special events in high schools or on-campus, open houses, campus visits, familiarization weekends, etc.
• Assist in the transitioning of grade 12 students into UNB Fredericton through meetings, calls, e-mails, presentations, and provision of exemplary client service.
• Assist in the development of recruitment promotional materials.
• Liaise with faculties and staff on both campuses to ensure the UNB community is well informed of recruitment activities and is given the opportunity to participate and keep abreast of changes in programs, policies, faculty, facilities and student services.
• Research universities to develop an understanding of competition in the marketplace.
• Represent the recruitment team on various committees as appropriate or possible, ie. Recruitment, Orientation, etc.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• A recent university degree from UNB is preferred, with a minimum of two years related sales or relationship-building experience.
• Good existing knowledge of UNB and its programs would be an asset.
• Self-motivated, mature, responsible, accountable and dependable, exceptional people skills, sales ability, excellent communication skills (speaking and writing), dynamic presentation skills and be committed to providing high levels of client service.
• Creativity and marketing sense are important qualities. Ability to meet sales targets and deadlines.
• Considerable travel, with evening and weekend work.
• Valid driver’s license, dependable vehicle and a clean drivers abstract. Selected candidates will be required to submit an abstract.
• Knowledge of the Greater Toronto area would be an asset.
For more information, please contact:
Human Resources Room 102
Physics & Admin. Building
UNB Saint John
Financial & Admin. Services
Room 114/115, Oland Hall
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted ONLY until the end of regular business hours on the closing date.
THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW BRUNSWICK IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLE OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY