Support Staff Employment Opportunity
Facilities Management UNB Fredericton
|Competition #:||#141-13.14||Closing Date:||April 30, 2014 4:30PM|
|Employment Group:||P.T.S.U.||Salary or Rate:||$41,464 - $53,900 Per Annum|
|Employment Date:(tentative)||As soon as possible||Hours per Week:||Full-Time (36.25 HPW)|
|Position Length:(tentative)||Continuing||Funding:||University Budget|
Under the direction of the Energy Manager and in concert with the UNBF Sustainability Advisory Committee the Sustainability Coordinator is accountable to the university community in advancing UNBF as a sustainability leader in higher education through research, education, program development and implementation, and reporting.
• Identify sustainability opportunities, initiatives, innovations and strategies and assess their cost effectiveness, technical feasibility, and acceptance by the University community.
• Develop and maintain a campus sustainability plan. Implement actions to complete tasks and goals.
• Research ideas and strategy to promote sustainability efforts and create detailed implementation plans.
• Research and conduct special projects/assignments and other related duties as assigned.
• Develop and implement a sustainability tracking and assessment system.
• Seek and apply for potential funding programs.
• Increase awareness of UNB’s sustainability initiatives both internally and externally.
• Educate staff, faculty, students and other members of the university community to understand the issues regarding sustainability and encourage adoption of behaviours that will promote a sustainable campus.
• Promote and coordinate the ongoing and emerging sustainable practice activities.
• Organize seminars, workshops, and events that will raise awareness and involvement.
• Wok with the appropriate committees to provide technical and policy advice and respond to requests for information related to sustainability at UNBF.
• Generate an annual sustainability report. Monitor and track the goals and tasks for completion and effectiveness.
• Monitor and track sustainability related data such as waste, recycling, green initiatives, etc. including such things as environmental/sustainable performance data of specific buildings in addition to the campus as a whole.
• A Bachelor’s degree in a field that clearly support the requirements of this position.
• 3 years of experience with successful management of sustainability programs; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience coordinating, organizing, and implementing programs and events. Experience in resource conservation and sustainability practices.
• Experience with sustainability tracking and assessment tools an asset. (i.e. STARS, BOMA BEST, LEED, etc).
• Experience in training, educational outreach, and organizational change.
• Thorough understanding and experience with multiple sustainability topics.
• Ability to make presentations to and negotiate with a diverse range of audiences.
• Planning skills and the ability to be strategic.
• Commitment to institutional and societal sustainability.
• Superb administrative and organizational skills in the handling of multiple program responsibilities and large amounts of information.
• Ability to work both as a team leader and member, and independently.
• Ability to work with divergent views on sustainability.
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
• Knowledge of or experience in higher education administration an asset.
• Must be able to communicate to a wide audience.
For more information, please contact:
Human Resources Room 102
Physics & Admin. Building
UNB Saint John
Financial & Admin. Services
Room 114/115, Oland Hall
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted ONLY until the end of regular business hours on the closing date.
THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW BRUNSWICK IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLE OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY