Support Staff Employment Opportunity
International Student Transition Advisor
Student Affairs & Services: International Student Advisor UNB Fredericton
|Competition #:||#136-13.14||Closing Date:||March 7, 2014 4:30PM|
|Employment Group:||P.T.S.U.||Salary or Rate:||$39,220 - $49,031 Per Annum|
|Employment Date:(tentative)||April 1, 2014||Hours per Week:||Full-Time (36.25 HPW)|
|Position Length:(tentative)||3 Year Term||Funding:||External Funding|
The International Student Transition Advisor has two primary roles, the first of which is to develop, coordinate and deliver transition advising and programming services to facilitate the retention, well-being and success of undergraduate and graduate international students at UNB. The second is to offer programs that will promote international students integration on campus and in the community.
• Advise first year students on social, cultural and financial matters; conduct personal needs assessments, identify priorities and refer international students for psychological, academic, medical or legal counselling as necessary.
• Work with campus partners to develop an effective pre-arrival communication strategy and ensure that appropriate and timely information, resources and assistance is provided to incoming international students.
• Coordinate the International Student Welcome and Orientation Programs in the Fall, Winter and Spring.
• Develop and implement the International Student Success Series that provides workshops on topics that have a cultural component and may be potential barriers to international students’ integration and student success.
• Coordinate the International Mentorship Program that enhances international students’ social/cultural adaptation, and assists international students with integration on campus and in the community.
• Work with student volunteers and campus and community partners to arrange social and cultural events throughout the year for international and Canadian students.
• Develop new programs to promote international student integration and student success as well as increase the cross-cultural awareness between Canadian and international Students.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director of International Student Advising Office.
• Undergraduate degree and three years of related experience including experience in international education programming and student advising, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• A demonstrated ability to work with people from diverse language and cultural backgrounds in a higher education setting.
• Excellent program administration and event coordination.
• Excellent group leadership and facilitation skills.
• Ability to work flexible hours, some evening and weekend work will be required.
For more information, please contact:
Human Resources Room 102
Physics & Admin. Building
UNB Saint John
Financial & Admin. Services
Room 114/115, Oland Hall
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted ONLY until the end of regular business hours on the closing date.
THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW BRUNSWICK IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLE OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY